|UniMaint, a Must Have
a unified suite of utilities designed to allow you to maintain your OS/2
Workplace Shell, including automated repair of INI files, facilities for
displaying and editing EAs, Desktop backup and restore, and portable Desktop
backups which allow the user to port the Desktop to another machine or
version of OS/2.
UniMaint also allows you to archive and reinstall
applications! It allows you to move applications from one drive to another
without the need to reinstall the application from the original product
disks or CD-ROM. UniMaint also uninstalls applications. Simply drag a program
object to the Uninstall icon, and UniMaint will delete program files and
directories, remove associated WPS Objects, delete DLLs, erase CONFIG.SYS
entries, eliminate program help files, and purge OS2.INI file entries.
UniMaint will uninstall OS/2, DOS and WINOS2 applications--even those that
were installed before UniMaint!
Major features include:
- Deletes application files and directories.
Archive and Reinstall Applications
- Eliminates entries in INI and SYS files.
- Removes associated help files and DLLs.
- Effective on OS/2, DOS and WINOS2 applications.
- Move applications from directory to directory
or drive to drive.
- Eliminates time-consuming reinstallation from
floppy or CDROM and recustomization.
- Updates system files, including the OS2.INI,
WIN.INI and CONFIG.SYS -- automatically!
Protection and Portability:
To Download a Demo Version of UniMaint Click
Protect your Desktop with the Desktop Backup facility.
- Maintain a user determined number of generations,
each generation contained in a single file for ease of maintenance.
- Automatic Backup. Performs the Desktop backup
procedure to occur at specified intervals or when a specified number of
modifications have been made to the Desktop.
- Add additional files using single filename
Port your Desktop with the Portable Desktop Backup facility.
- Generates CMD files for backup and restore
to automate in batch files or using a scheduler program.
- Create an object by object backup of Desktop.
Ease of use features:
- Move all or part or your Desktop to a different
machine or different version of OS/2.
- Restore the entire Desktop or restore individual
- Saves all WPS object information, including
information that cannot be saved using published WPS methods.
- Automatically adjusts to any new WPS Class,
saving all WPS information for all Objects based on the new Class.
- Wizards provide a 'guided tour' through setting
up and performing the most common and popular UniMaint functions.
- Exhaustive Help facility
- Tools Folder
- Fully customable Toolbar